In 2010, the Anne Sullivan Centre established an Outreach service to provide support to people who are deafblind in their schools, homes and community. People from all across Ireland, together with their families and/or supporting professionals are offered person-centred assessments and training aimed at improving their communication skills and independence.
Once a referral is made or a person contacts us, we work together with them to identify whether services can be offered, based on the persons individual needs.
This can include:
- An initial assessment of needs.
- A full report with recommendations, identifying additional resources required.
- Individualised training for specific individuals and/or their family/staff.
- Follow-up visits from our specialist team.
- Links to other services, or sources of information.
- Involvement in multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Support with admissions or referral meetings.
All individuals with combined hearing and vision loss are eligible for an assessment.
Please download the relevant form and return to the address below and then one of our specialist team will contact you to arrange an initial visit to home, school or service.
THE ANNE SULLIVAN CENTRE, OUTREACH SERVICES, BREWERY RD, STILLORGAN, CO DUBLIN