Social Care Vacancies
Why work at the Anne Sullivan Centre?
We are a specialized and unique service that supports people who are deafblind:
- 1:1 Staffing allows for highly individualised person-centred support.
- Residential, day and community based services.
- Full time, part time, waking night and relief contracts available.
- Diverse staff, roles and experience.
- Full multidisciplinary team.
We follow the dreams of those we support:
In the past year the people we support have:
- Had the courage to take their first flight alone.
- Participated in the Women’s Mini Marathon
- Holidayed in Wales, Edinburgh and London
- Taken a helicopter ride over Dublin.
- Started their own garden.
We invest in our staff’s ongoing professional development.
This year we have provided staff with training in:
- Irish Sign Language
- Alternative and Augmented Communication systems
- Management of Actual and Potential Aggression (MAPA)
- Safe Administration of medication
- Assisted Decision Making
- Working with families.
With the support of our external CPD programme staff have achieved:
- An MSc. in Communication and Deafblindness through the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.
- Practice Certificates in MultiElement Behaviour Support through the Callan Institute.
- Level 7 Qualification in Multisensory Impairment through the University of Birmingham
- CPD Certificates including Relational Trauma; Understanding Self Harm and Augmented Communication among others.
Other benefits include:
- HIQA registered
- A generous pension company double staff contribution.
- Paid training days.
- 20 days certified sick pay
- Person and family friendly organisation.
- A culture of openness and collaboration
We currently have vacancies for the following positions:
- Residential Support Worker/Healthcare Assistant (Full time) – Day shift
- Residential Support Worker/Healthcare Assistant (Relief) – Day/night shifts
- Day Services Support Worker – Day Shift: Maternity Cover Minimum 6 months
Please click on the above links to view the relevant job descriptions .
Hours of Availability
As a Full time Residential Support Worker (RSW) your working hours will be 39 hours per week worked on 5 days over 7 on a rolling roster.
As a Relief Residential Support Worker (RSW) hours worked will be based on the roster requirements and your availability, which we expect that you will have on a regular basis. The daytime position works for a 7-8 hour shift and the waking night is a 12 hour shift (8pm – 8am), both of which are on a roster schedule over 7 days.
As a full time Support Worker (Day Services) you will be required to work a 39-hour week from Monday to Friday (occasional weekend hours may be required not over and above your 39 hours). The role will typically require early morning start times.
How to apply for social care vacancies:
Please submit your CV and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 5pm on 30th August 2019.
Human Resources Vacancies
We currently have a vacancy for a HR executive.
Hours of Availability
Please click on the following link for full job description
Working hours are full time for 39 hours per week Monday to Friday and there is flexibility in relation to
both the start/finish times and teleworking. Please click on the following Link for full job description:
How to apply for HR vacancies:
To discuss any aspect of the role, please contact our HR Services Partner, Derek McKay on 087 9786427
To apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter via email to email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 4th September.
The Anne Sullivan Centre is an Equal Opportunities Employer.